Our Members and Other Contacts
If you would like to get out of the house and meet new people or require some help, get in touch with your local neighbourhood care group. Choose a care group from the list below for more information.
For more information please contact us on either 0208 662 1000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Member Groups:
We have marked in red the status of each group during Covid-19. This information will be updated as and when it becomes available.
- Abbeyfield Sanderstead Society Ltd This service is closed during the COVID-19 period.
- Addiscombe Neighbourhood Care Association (A.N.C.A) All centre based activities are closed but they are still managing to stay in touch with members with their befriending telephone service and able to access the office to deal with messages/emails etc. They are supporting clients with shopping, prescriptions etc.
- Age UK Croydon - Brigstock Road They are running a food and essentials hub. Please contact Age UK on 020 8686 0066 or email email@example.com.
- Boston Road Lunch Club This service is closed during the COVID-19 period.
- Croham Hurst Good Neighbours This service is closed but volunteers/staff are keeping in touch with members by phone and their volunteers and providing a bi-weekly shopping service to those that need it.
- Croydon African Caribbean Family Organisation Please contact them for information during the COVID-19 period.
- Croydon 60+ Club This service is closed during the COVID-19 period.
- Eastern Oasis Luncheon Club This service is closed during the COVID-19 period.
- Jagruti Women’s Group Please contact them for information during the COVID-19 period.
- New Addington Good Samaritans (N.A.G.S) This service is closed during the COVID-19 period.
- Old Coulsdon Centre for the Retired This service is closed but they are keeping in touch with clients & volunteers by phone.
- Parchmore Methodist Church and Community Centre All centre based activities are closed. They are running a Food Stop service (Parchmore COmmunity Connect & Food Stop) every Wednesday between 10 and 12. For more information: 020 8653 7353 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Purley & Coulsdon Clubs for the Elderly (P.A.C.E) Their normal service is closed during the COVID-19 period. However, they are available by phone and to support their clients needs for shopping etc.
- Purley Cross Centre They are runing an information and advice service online/telephone.
- St Edmund’s Caring Group A limited service is being offered - please contact them for more information as details may change.
- Sanderstead Neighbourhood Care Sanderstead Neighbourhood Care are helping the people in Sanderstead who are currently on their records along with some new people that have been given their number via chemists etc.
If you are aware of anyone in Sanderstead that you believe may not be getting any help, please let them know and they will be happy to contact them to offer help.
- Selsdon Centre for the Retired This service is closed during the COVID-19 period (see below).
- Selsdon Contact They are running the 'Selsdon Feed Hub'. Donations are very welcome at the Jubilee Cafe, Lower Ground Floor, 132 Lower Addington Rd, South Croydon, Mon-Fri between 10-3 or you can donate through their website. They currently have 76 Street Champions volunteers. Clients newsletters are sent iur via post/email. They will review their service at the end of June 2020.
- Shirley Neighbourhood Care Scheme A service is still runing, although their centre is closed. They are providing telephone befriending and support, personal shopping services and a weekly meal delivery to their clients. They are currently registering new clients for their services - please contact them directly.
- South Croydon Day Centre for the Elderly As well as supporting their visitors through telephone contact, providing shopping services and help with getting prescriptions etc; South Croydon Day Centre have received donations of food items and funds which are used to support the more vulnerable and needy. They are providing food items, including tins, tea bags, milk and drink, and also toiletries to those with genuine need for free.
- South Norwood & Woodside Community Association (S.N.W.C.A) They are attempting to stay in touch with their members and offering shopping assistance, fresh food delivery as required.
- Timebridge Community Centre Please contact them for information on their service during the COVID-19 period.
- Upper Norwood Association for Community Care (U.N.A.C.C) All centre based activities are suspended. However they are offering a freshly prepared meal delivery service once a week to members - as many meals as they need to get through the week. They have also started Nordic Walking from UNACC at South Norwood Lake, every Wednesday at 10am, followed by a socially distanced tea, coffe and post walk chat.
- Waddon Community Outreach Waddon Community Outreach have arranged 'safe distancing conversations' for some of their folk who are really struggling with the isolation. They have set up a meeting time outside with ‘germ free’ chairs, just two - 7 or 8 feet apart. This initiative is helping to relieve some of the pressure and people are being sensible about not coming too often, so others can come if they want to.
- Westbury Community Project The service is closed during COVID-19 but they are maintaining telephone and email contact with members and providing help where needed.
Other Member Groups:
- Action on Elder Abuse Please contact them for information during the COVID-19 period.
- Advice Support Knowledge Information (ASKI) Their centre is closed but they are running a hot meal delivery service to the elderly. They are monitoring the telephone and responding where needed.
- Inaspectrum Please contact them for more information on their service during the COVID-19 period.
- Ministry of Empowerment Please contact them for more information on their service during the COVID-19 period.
- Stroke Action Croydon Please contact them for more information on their service during the COVID-19 period.
- 50pluscafe.net Please contact them for more information on their service during the COVID-19 period.
- Wellbeing You Ltd Please contct them for more information on their service during the COVID-19 period.
- Re-engage In response to the Covid-19 crisis, Re-Engage have suspended their regular social gathering and have creates a new service for older people called Call Companions
Other Non Member Groups: Please contact these groups directly for more information on their service during the COVID-19 period
- Abbeyfield Southern Oaks
- Broad Green Tai Chi Group
- Croydon Asian Women’s Organisation
- New Addington Baptist Church Community Family Project
- St Andrew’s Contact Group
- Shahjalal Mosque and Islamic Cultural Centre
- Subrang Arts
- 1596 Club at Whitgift Care