If you would like to get out of the house and meet new people or require some help, get in touch with your local neighbourhood care group. Choose a care group from the list below for more information.
For more information please contact us on either 0208 662 1000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Member Groups:
We have marked in red the status of each group during Covid-19. This information will be updated as and when it becomes available.
Update June 2021 - the information below is to the best of our knowledge. Please contact the groups individually for clarification on their current status. Thank you.
- Abbeyfield Sanderstead Society Ltd Please contact them for further information during the Covid-19 period.
- Addiscombe Neighbourhood Care Association (A.N.C.A) Their service is still running, and the office ‘manned’ daily, to receive calls, messages, & e-mails etc; and their lunch club has re-opened in a restricted capacity; currently precluding their ‘Extend’ exercise classes (hopefully opening Autumn 2021). They are providing ‘telephone befriending & support’; plus individual ‘shopping’, and ‘medicines collection’, as/when necessary. They are providing weekly ‘meals deliveries’ of “Fish & Chips”, to their Lunch Club members. They also provide volunteer drivers for ‘medical’ or ‘health-related’ trips ; and they are still accepting “New Client” Referrals.
- Age UK Croydon - Brigstock Road Please contact Age UK on 020 8686 0066 or email email@example.com. for more information and advice on a range of topics.
- Boston Road Lunch Club Please contact them for more information on re-opening.
- Croham Hurst Good Neighbours This service is closed but volunteers/staff are keeping in touch with members by phone and their volunteers and providing a shopping service to those that need it.
- Croydon African Caribbean Family Organisation Please contact them for information during the COVID-19 period.
- Croydon 60+ Club is now closed.
- Eastern Oasis Luncheon Club Please contact them for more information during the COVID-19 period.
- Jagruti Women’s Group Please contact them for information during the COVID-19 period. They are hoping to re-open asap.
- New Addington Good Samaritans (N.A.G.S) They opened on 17/5 for a limited number following covid guidelines. No lunch club or mini-bus at the moment but hopeing to re-open asap.
- Old Coulsdon Centre for the Retired They have opened in a limited capacity following covid guidelines.
- Parchmore Methodist Church and Community Centre For more information: 020 8653 7353 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Purley & Coulsdon Clubs for the Elderly (P.A.C.E) They have been available by phone and to support their clients needs for shopping etc. Email: email@example.com Tel: 020 8668 2270. Please contact them for more re-opening information.
- Purley Cross Centre They are running an information and advice service online/telephone.
- St Edmund’s Caring Group St. Edmund's is now closed and is now part of Sanderstead Neighbourhood Care below.
- Sanderstead Neighbourhood Care Sanderstead Neighbourhood Care are helping the people in Sanderstead who are currently on their records along with some new people that have been given their number via chemists etc. Please contact them for re-opening information.
- Selsdon Centre for the Retired They have now re-opened.
- Selsdon Contact They currently have 76 Street Champions volunteers. Clients newsletters are sent out via post/email. They will review their service at the end of June 2020. Aug 2020 update: They are making plans to open as soon as possible.
- Shirley Neighbourhood Care Scheme Their office is open 10am to 12.30pm, although they cannot welcome clients to the premises yet. However, they are accepting new clients. The services they are offering are: Personal shopping; transport to medical appointments including vaccination appointments; telephone befriending; weekly meal deliveries. Hoping to re-open asap.
- South Croydon Day Centre for the Retired The centre is supporting their registered visitors through telephone contact, providing essential shopping services, if required, and help with getting prescriptions etc. The centre has received donations for essential food items and items which are used to support the more vulnerable and isolated visitors. They can provide on request supplies including meals, tins, tea bags, milk and drink, and also toiletries to those with genuine need. They opened in a very limited capacity in May. Please contact them for more information.
- South Norwood & Woodside Community Association (S.N.W.C.A) They opened their service in a limited capacity following covid guidance. Please contact them for more information.
- Timebridge Community Centre Please contact them for information on their service during the COVID-19 period.
- Upper Norwood Association for Community Care (U.N.A.C.C) They have been supplying a freshly prepared meal delivery service once a week to members - as many meals as they need to get through the week. However, the centre opened on 1st June following Covid guidelines.
- Waddon Community Outreach Waddon Community Outreach have arranged 'safe distancing conversations' for some of their folk who are really struggling with the isolation. They have set up a meeting time outside with ‘germ free’ chairs, just two - 7 or 8 feet apart. This initiative is helping to relieve some of the pressure and people are being sensible about not coming too often, so others can come if they want to. Please contact them for re-opening infomation.
- Westbury Community Project are recommencing services and welcoming their clients back from Tuesday 27th July 2021, but will be following Covid guidelines and limiting numbers to keep everyone safe in the early stages. They are keeping the same 3 days of opening - Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 10.00 am to 5 pm. If you require any further information, please contact them on 0208 664 8101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Other Member Groups:
- Action on Elder Abuse Please contact them for information during the COVID-19 period.
- Advice Support Knowledge Information (ASKI) They have been running a hot meal delivery service to the elderly. They are monitoring the telephone and responding where needed. They have been providing online classes. They are hoping to resume services asap - please contact them for further re-opening information.
- Croydon Hearing Please contact them for more information.
- Croydon Vision We had great expectations of reopening 4th January 2021. However, with such rapid increase of the pandemic, it is critical we take steps to keep everyone safe and with that in mind, internal services will remain closed until after Easter. Our adapted services will continue; making sure we always put people first. Internal services will resume 6th April 2021, subject to risk reduction. On the other hand, we are mindful that isolation and mental health is on the rise and will do our very best to stay connected, providing doorstep, home visit and virtual services. Please see our business continuity plan:
Doorstep ServicesDoorstep Buddying - WeeklyFreshly Cooked Lunch - £5Grocery Shopping - WeeklyPrescription Collection - WeeklyHome VisitsEssential Home Visit - As requiredTech Training - As requiredVirtual (Clicks)Advice & Advocacy - Monday to ThursdayBefriending - Once or Twice WeeklyChildren & Young People - WeeklyFacebook Live Event - Every Thursday at 4pmTalking News/Newsletter - Weekly/MonthlySocial Groups/Personal Development - WeeklyTalking Therapies - Weekly
- Inaspectrum All of their activities have moved to Zoom for the time being. Please contact them for further details.
- Ministry of Empowerment Please contact them for more information on their service during the COVID-19 period.
- Stroke Action Croydon Please contact them for more information on their service during the COVID-19 period.
- 50pluscafe.net Please contact them for more information on their service during the COVID-19 period.
- Wellbeing You Ltd helping people to take responsibility for their health & wellbeing.
- Re-engage In response to the Covid-19 crisis, Re-Engage have created a new service for older people called Call Companions. Please contact them directly for further information.
Other Non Member Groups: Please contact these groups directly for more information on their service during the COVID-19 period
- Abbeyfield Southern Oaks
- Broad Green Tai Chi Group
- Croydon Asian Women’s Organisation
- New Addington Baptist Church Community Family Project
- St Andrew’s Contact Group
- Shahjalal Mosque and Islamic Cultural Centre
- Subrang Arts
- 1596 Club at Whitgift Care