CNCA's DBS Service
The Home Office, who regulate the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), have undertaken a review of the service. As a Registered Body, this will have implications on our service provision.
Please be aware:
- We can no longer undertake checks for individuals;
- The criteria for Enhanced checks has changed;
- Some of the terminology on the back page of the form has changed - completing these fields may be different now from previous advice you may have received
Croydon Neighbourhood Care strive to provide the best and most efficient DBS service.
- Please call if you wish to make an appointment for DBS. If you turn up without an appointment we may not be able to see you;
- Applications will not be processed without payment;
- Please ensure when sending documents by post to CNCA that the letter has the correct postage as the Post Office will not deliver the item. We cannot take delivery of an item if there is a charge to be incurred.
The Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Checks (previously CRB Checks) are an essential part or running an organisation/group which deals with vulnerable individuals and volunteers.
It is now a Statutory requirement for many Neighbourhood Care Groups, Third Sector Organisations and Private Sector Groups (Medical Practices, Clinics, Dentists, etc) to ensure that all their salaried staff and volunteers are DBS Checked, especially if they are receiving funds from or dealing with Governmental/Local Government Organisations like the London Borough of Croydon. We are a counter signatory service which mean we carry and issue DBS forms, and then check and validate the information to ensure it is accurate and the supporting documents are provided. We then submit the form to the DBS service.
CNCA are able to provide the following:
- Guidance with the Registration Process;
- Ensure that the necessary documentation is completed by both parties in a timely manner to allow application forms to be processed;
- Provide detailed written instructions and guidance to assist the applicant;
- Provide one on one meetings;
- Completely confidential service;
- Competitive fees.
Our fee structure for processing DBS forms can be found here: